All Power To The Positive! Vol. #2, Episode #68.
Hope As Dope: Self-Delusion As Self-Medication.
"I stack my loot from head to boot... and trick my Ho's from head to toe."
- Tyrone Feelsom; pimpsandhoessociety.org.uk
"The U.S. became so wealthy it spread part of the wealth to ‘its’ population. This stems as well from its history as a settler-colonial country. Whereas Europe had to ship dispossessed peasants across the Atlantic Ocean to ease social tensions during its nascent capitalism phase, class conflicts in the US were more readily smoothed over by settling on more land to the West (stolen at gunpoint from its original indigenous inhabitants, of course). These ideas were formulated in the past by many different national liberation and anti-imperialist movements. They were further articulated by J. Sakai in Settlers: The Mythology of the White Proletariat, and picked up by the Maoist Internationalist Movement and later groups.
These ideas have been minority viewpoints in the Amerikan Left, which generally insists on the potential vitality of class struggles in the First World. Adherents of this line do not give any objective material reasons for this, often explaining away the actual lack of class struggle as due to the “false consciousness” of Amerikan workers. Many have talked about the seeming lack of class consciousness in the United States. As we can see, this struggle has been going on even before Steinbeck.
Back in 1914 there was a debate between Morris Hillquit, the head of the American Socialist Party, and Samuel Gompers. Gompers was the head of the American Federation of Labor, which advocated conservative “business unionism” that rejected class struggle in favor of the goals of just getting gains for their own members under the capitalist system. This model proved popular for workers even then, for with more material benefits the workers saw no need for socialism."
-On Steinbeck, Socialism, Internet Quotes, And The Need For Materialist Analysis. Anti-imperialism.com
- "Underground Kings" - Drake
- "Illest Alive" - Main Attraktions
- "I Miss You" - Friendzone
- "Break Away" - Riff Raff
- "Smoke" - Lambo Show
- "Fat Cats, Bigger Fish" - The Coup
- "Back To Life" - Soul II Soul
- "Playin' With My Heart" - Jody Highroller
- "Ain't With Bein' Broke" - Geto Boys
- "Sugar Free" - Mtume
- "Polio" - Staff Benda Bilili
- Real Black Unemployment Numbers Under Obama's Leadership
- Oakland: Decolonize Is Solidarity
- How Western Imperialism Influences And Co-Opts Popular Revolts
- The Black Bloc is NOT On Facebook: Reply To Boots Riley
Add to Playlists